New Fruit: Strategic Retreats Galore By John Sarvay | May 30, 2012
Ah, summertime in Richmond. The humidity climbs, and the lightning bugs begin to swarm. Professional associations and nonprofit boards take a deep breath and lock themselves away for a day to think about the future. And Floricane's calendar begins to get very busy!
Over the next several weeks, we're fortunate enough to be in the room facilitating strategic sessions with several organizations that are focused on making a difference in Richmond, and across Virginia.
- Just today, Sarah and Debra spent time with the small board of the Free Clinic of Powhatan. The three-year old nonprofit is one of 62 free clinics serving underserved populations around the state, and we were pleased to help them reframe their strategic opportunities.
- Last week, Sarah and John spent a full day with the staff of the Virginia Poverty Law Center – the third staff retreat Floricane has facilitated for the team of 10. In the past, our conversations were strategic. This year, the staff wanted something a little different – and so we took them through a full-day workshop on Team Effectiveness using the Insights Discovery instrument.
- In June, we'll be working with the board of VAFRE, the Virginia Association of Fundraising Executives.
- In July, we have a day lined up with the board of the Richmond chapter of the Society of Human Resource Managers (SHRM). It's one of the largest chapters in the country, and we'll be helping them bring more focus and boldness to their game plan for the year ahead.
Those are just a few of the one-day strategic and team-focused sessions we have on the calendar for the summer. We're very excited about working with all four of these organizations.
Next entry: Designing the Roadmap
Previous entry: New Fruit: Punch Gets Strategy, We Get Punch
- Fulton Keeps Rising
- Basketball Illuminates the Individual v Team Leadership Rift
- Seven Brainstorming Lessons
- Dive Into A Summer of (Self) Discovery!
- A Time To Play
- Write the Future
- 11 Lessons from a Facilitation Marathon
- Playground Perspectives: Now We’re Cooking
- April 2013: Letter from John
- Explore the 1E Collaborative Space on April 2
- Thanks, ChildFund International
- Take Them to the River
- Congratulations, VCU Parkinson’s and Movement Disorders Center!
- Everyone’s in Transition
- Congratulations, National Alliance on Mental Illness Virginia!