Designing the Roadmap By John Sarvay | June 11, 2012
There are times when written strategic plans and PowerPoint presentations just don’t cut it.
One outcome of our week with ChildFund International’s global sponsorship team in February has been a continued need for the team – scattered across five continents – to communicate more frequently and stay focused on a set of key global strategies.
A small team at ChildFund has been working with me and designer Ben Dacus to create a poster that vividly captures the sponsorship team’s vision and goals. The teams wants a strong visual that clearly communicates a set of key messages to the team.
I’ve worked with Ben for more than 20 years – we were coworkers at VCU, and he did exceptional design work for me during my years at Circuit City and Luck Stone. He’s responsible for most of the brand identity work for Floricane.
We leveraged the metaphor of a river – a visual the global team first embraced in February. The illustration features strong colors, clear messaging and images that reinforce the importance of children, sponsors and strong connections in the work of ChildFund.
Over the course of several meetings, Ben has framed out a design that resonates. Over the coming weeks, we’ll fine-tune the look, feel and messaging. Later this summer, the posters will be hanging in ChildFund offices around the world.
Next entry: Small Team. Big Work.
Previous entry: New Fruit: Strategic Retreats Galore
- Fulton Keeps Rising
- Basketball Illuminates the Individual v Team Leadership Rift
- Seven Brainstorming Lessons
- Dive Into A Summer of (Self) Discovery!
- A Time To Play
- Write the Future
- 11 Lessons from a Facilitation Marathon
- Playground Perspectives: Now We’re Cooking
- April 2013: Letter from John
- Explore the 1E Collaborative Space on April 2
- Thanks, ChildFund International
- Take Them to the River
- Congratulations, VCU Parkinson’s and Movement Disorders Center!
- Everyone’s in Transition
- Congratulations, National Alliance on Mental Illness Virginia!